AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Cell Phones: An Odd Treatment for Alzheimer' s

UPDATE: Jan 31, 2010: An opinion on this issue from Andrew Goldsworthy BSc PhD

He ends his comments with the following -
The take-home story


To sum up, it is perfectly possible that unmodulated microwaves could mitigate the effects of Alzheimer’s disease, but modulated microwaves are likely to do more harm than good. So now may not be the time to buy granny a mobile phone, but we should nevertheless look more carefully at the effects of unmodulated radiation. It may really help, but we still need to proceed with great caution.
Dr. Goldsworthy was a Lecturer in Biology (retired), Imperial College London, Copyrighted © 2010
http://mcs-america.org/mcsanewsfebruary2010.htm#_Do_Mobile_Phones
 
Most likely it is best to rely on precaution.

Jan 9, 2010
Cell phones are a cause of brain cancer, usually in the form of a glioma which seems to be more common these days.  My 33 year old niece recently died from glioma but I don't know anything about her cell phone use, or whether or not she ingested aspartame.  It is cause for wonder.


Now I am one of those people whom others always seem to think I know everything - sorry but I don't - however, I know a lot more than most.  I'm also very actively engaged in reading the literature and nitpicking the data. Just one of those science nuts I guess you'd call me, with a bent toward accuracy in the use of the scientific method which doesn't seem too prevalent today.

One of the most ludicrous things I've heard lately is that some researcher alleges using a cell phone can help people with Alzheimer's.  Cell Phone Radiation Can Prevent, Reverse Alzheimer's in Mice

I don't know about you but I am not interested in taking a change of glioma in order to forestall ALZ.

Too bad that more aren't turning back to the future and doing simple things like avoiding anything with fluoride, making sure their thyroid is in great health and demanding B12 shots.

To me this is just another one of those studies that someone or some agency or corporation funded that keeps a few people on the payroll while doing little to have an actual impact on disease prevention and cure.

If you're interested in this topic, use our search function, we've posted over 30 articles here at Natural Health News about Alzheimer's.

In Maine and San Francisco efforts are now underway to require brain cancer warnings on cell phones: There is reason to follow precautionary principles if you value your health.

No comments: