AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Friday, August 15, 2008

There may be something wrong with this picture

I've been education about the long term side effects of alleged blood thinning agents like ASA (aspirin)for a very long time. I think I've already written here that the use of ASA can lead to the break down of the mechanism that protects clotting, just link coumadin, and the relationship to "silent bleeding".

I've also written about proton pump inhibitors and other acid blocking agents and how their use leads to osteoporosis, blocking of the P450 cytochrome pathway, and the possibility of stomach cancer.

Now some one in the medical industry decided that putting these drugs in combination will help you ward off GI bleeding caused by the ASA.

I'm not sure I follow the logic, but I do follow the GI bleeding issue.

I'd go for vitamin E, cayenne, or omega3 and nattokinase if I was going to thin my blood. Bioprin is a professional choice if you have to stick with aspirin type products, and this one kills H. pylori as a bonus. No stomach acid, increased risk of H. pylori...if you think through the equation to its ultimate conclusion.

I'd also skip the acid blockers because they do interfere with protein metabolism and has some risks of their own.

Glucosamine can protect the mucous membrane lining of the stomach. That might be a safer fix.

And can you tell me who left the thinking cap off when they thought this one up?

Aspirin, Acid Blocker A Day Keeps GI Bleeding At Bay

ScienceDaily (2008-08-14) -- Over-the-counter acid-blockers are worth the price for coronary heart disease patients taking low-dose aspirin as a preventative measure, according to new research. ... > read full article

No comments: