AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Patrick Swayze and Cancer Thoughts

I am not much of a TV watcher and for the most part I have one so I can watch movies or play the workout videos I use as part of my daily fitness plan.

Last evening I made a deviation from the norm by watching the Patrick Swayze interview with Barbara Walters.

I was really most interested in what Patrick had to say, and his wife of almost four decades.

I also wanted to hear about the treatment he chose.

I admit I'm a Swayze fan of many years. I too enjoyed some youthful romantic escapades in the Catskills, and I hope his "ghost" hangs around from time to time.

He's been most courageous in his ability to be open and public through his illness and hopefully this stand will help many others. One thing he said that resonated with my work was what he said about how the chemo tore up his insides.

This is important on several levels. First of all this is such a common issue in chemotherapy and its one that is too frequently not addressed.

I have a friend who was just recently diagnosed with AML, a form of leukemia. I sent his wife a abstract I put together on nutrient deletions of chemotherapy drugs. This is a critical issue because of the wasting that so often is related to lack of nutrition and toxic body states caused by the chemo.

I also sent his wife another article written by Dr. H. Kenneth Schueler from New York. Dr. Schueler recently had one of his articles, "Clinical Trial of Pancreatic Enzymes: One View" included in Ralph Moss's newsletter.

This treatment used by Dr. Gonzalez, is based on the work of a dentist, Dr. William D. Kelley. Dr. Kelley was diagnosed in 1962 with pancreatic and liver cancer. He passed away in 2005.

Dr. Kelley's method is soundly based in nutrition. It is also brilliant in its understanding of physiology and biochemistry in the human body. It is one in which I have been educated, and I've seen the good results.

Gonzalez addresses the issue of toxic overload resulting from chemo and how current treatment models do not allow the body to process this waste. He also addresses nutrition and just how important this is in any cancer treatment plan. His research has shown about an 83% cure rate.

As Dr. Schueler says, we need to look again at this program, especially for pancreatic cancer. I couldn't agree more!

Nutrient Depletion in Chemotherapy- general to all chemo drugs in relation to side effects: dysbiosis, stomatitis, pancreatitis, adynamic ileus, gastric mucosa damage and realted damage to microvilli in small intestine, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation.

All of the above side effects relate to malabsorption issues and to a high state of inflammation. The end result is malnutrition. Natural approaches can help substantially with all of the above. (GE)


Consider too the impact of over use of acid reflux drugs and the rising incidence of gluten allergy. There's more to it than smoking.

And you do not have to lose your hair! There is a natural supplement that not only can fight cancers but it protects you from losing hair.

More articles -

http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com/2009/03/cancer-nutritional-and-environmental.html

http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com/2008/09/finding-gene-is-only-one-part-of.html

http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com/2009/03/supplements-reduce-adverse-effects-of.html

http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com/2009/04/black-cumin-and-pancreatic-cancer.html

Many more articles may be found by putting "cancer" in the search box in the header.

No comments: