AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Monday, September 12, 2011

I've got a lovely jar of coconut (oil)


A couple of weeks ago I received a large glass jar of coconut oil to review. Our organization frequently tests and reviews books and product and we've done so for about a dozen or more years. I guess its because of the trust so many have in us and our findings.

I've long been aware of the health benefits of coconut, even enjoying it greatly as a child. Over many decades in natural health I've learned much about the real benefits of coconut oil and how it can be beneficial for many things.
Probably I got extremely interested in this food when I was working with a retired Air Force colonel with ALS and also my work with Keep Hope Alive on HIV and AIDS.
Coconut oil is one of the three oils I recommend to all my clients.
The week before I received the oil and set up my plan to review it I suggested coconut oil to three people for different health concerns. The most serious was for a person a major candida overgrowth problem for a person who had just been discharged from the hospital following "treatment" for pneumonia. The aggressive use of antibiotics without concomitant use of probiotics was the iatrogenic cause of this super infection. This person developed an extreme case of "thrush" from the antibiotics; it completely covered their mouth and esophagus. They could not eat or drink and they also have Stage 3 renal failure.
I suggested coconut oil to their home care worker who is a friend of mine. I explained that it would give calories, melt at body temperature so there was no work to ingest it, just to let it melt and coat the mouth, throat and esophagus. Within two days the candida overgrowth was clearing up, this person was taking much needed fluids, and had begun to eat.
I had made some additional suggestions, including a reminder to start using those cans of coconut milk I'd sent by. Through donations received at CHI we can donate health products to people in need.
While the brand of coconut oil I've been using is a bit more expensive than most of what is sold in even health stores, I have to say I'm convinced there is a difference.
Firstly this is an organic product. Yes, there are other organic products sold for less money but all of then are mechanically expressed.
Secondly, this coconut oil, to me at least seems to be very different. Maybe it is an energetic difference or something I can't put my finger on, but I know it is different.
When the package arrived the oil in the jar was liquid. As our weather cooled I watched little bubbles form of the oil molecules as it hardened, and this was fascinating to observe.
I'd taste tested this oil when it was liquid and the taste was noticeable lighter and less acidic that others I have used. As the oil hardened I tasted it again each morning, and it was just a pleasing hard, as liquid.
Cooking with this oil was a breeze as it melted very quickly, faster than what I've been using. There was no change in taste to what food I was cooking and it stayed "melted" in smoothies I'd made.
I use coconut oil for a weekly hair treatment and this oil washed cleanly after one lathering, but then I use Dirty Girl's Desert Rain shampoo bar and this might make a difference.
I tested this oil as a lotion and the absorption is quick! My skin felt great and it look softened and hydrated with just a very small amount.
I guess I have to say I'm sold on traditionally handmade, organic Tropical Traditions Gold!

16-oz - Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 pint



100% Satisfaction Guarantee.














TOP Selections (30+) from Natural Health News

Jul 23, 2011
A recent study published in the journal Human and Experimental Toxicology (August 2005) revealed the effectiveness of coconut oil in neutralizing aluminum phosphide, a poison used in rodent control. A case study reported ...
Mar 04, 2009
MARY ENIG Ph.D. ON NATURAL COCONUT OIL FOR AIDS and OTHER VIRAL INFECTIONS On July 19, 1995, Enig was quoted in an article published in The HINDU, India's National Newspaper as stating that coconut oil is ...
Aug 12, 2009
A new study examined the effects of coconut oil supplementation on women with abdominal obesity—that is, a waist circumference greater than 34 ½ inches—one of the leading risk factors in both heart disease and diabetes. ...
Jul 05, 2011
In all of my articles I promote the use of mild, unfrangranced soap, dying your hands thoroughly, and applying a simple natural lubricant to your skin to help prevent drying (which perpetuates the problem), coconut oil works ...
"We all come from the same root, but the leaves are all different."
-John Fire Lame Deer


No comments: