I recall writing an article in the mid 90s after interviewing a California (MD) pediatrician who also included homeopathy in his practice. His emphasis was that it is the non vaccinated child who is always the healthiest and has the most resistance to disease.
From NHN 2008: New Focus: Responding to Specific Queries
Now the idea today is that it is
the non-vaccinated adult whose childhood vaccine has worn off and has
not gotten a booster shot may be the new target. Or it could be a
A funny way to approach public health if you ask me, after spending the bulk of my work over decades with a strong public health focus.
Sadly little has changes at WA DOH since Selecky's departure. Inslee replaced her with another non- responsive bureaucratic hack.
Maybe, prhaps, this article will get some courageous health care providers thinking outside the box and give this a shot.
But alas, "here we are."***
While it is a tragedy that people are dying from the current pertussis outbreak, I believe it is important for facts rather than propaganda be provided to the community at large.
The AMA (American Medical Association) knew in the late 1920s that pertussis vaccine caused neurological problems.
Now we know that the pertussis vaccine is often associated with whooping cough outbreaks and many who have had the vaccine contract the disease.
And of course the friendly people at WA DOH are announcing everywhere that the only thing that will help this is to get the jab.
New Article re: WA DOH Vaccines and Fluoride
I encourage people to get the facts before you get the shot because the government or anyone giving out these vaccines is required by law to explain it to you, and give you the risk and benefit data as well. Usually you are not provided with this information in my experience.This article was originally entered here in April 2012:
You are probably not told that for whooping cough especially, that vitamin C is a valid and effective help. Vitamin A in the oil form (not single beta carotene) in short runs of high doses will help fight off pneumonia, and it works well with vitamin C. Usually I use liposomal vitamin C and Hanna Kroeger’s Sunny A.
Here is some information from a 1937 medical journal addressing this concern -“Ascorbic acid has a definite effect in shortening the period of paroxysms from a matter of weeks to a matter of days. We have not checked by cough plates or otherwise in this preliminary work to see whether the infectivity subsides simultaneously with the spasmodic symptoms, but are continuing with a larger series of cases in which these and other tests will be employed.
Sez Contact Duration of
Treatment Results 1
6 M School 6 weeks—typical 150 mg. per day 7 days—cough reduced markedly
10 days—cough disappeared
1� M Unknown
Temperature 102 F.
10 days “fever”
}3 days No effect
7 days—temperature normal, cough reduced
14 days—cough disappeared
175 mg. daily—11 dys 3
12 M School 10 days—typical 200 mg. daily 6 days—cough reduced
13 days—only occasional night coughs
15 days—all cough absent
6 F School over 4 weeks—
200 mg. daily 3 days—cough less, no vomiting
7 days—occasional cough
2� M Known case 2 weeks—typical 250 mg. daily 5 days—cough disappeared 6
7 M School 2 weeks—typical 375 mg. daily 4 days—cough less
9 days—night cough only
11 days—all cough absent
Child in house had
once, no whooping
500 mg. daily—3 days
125 mg. daily.
4 days—cough less, no vomiting
6 days—coughed only once in 2 days
11 days—cough absent
4 M Known case 10 days—typical 500 mg. daily—4 days
250 mg. daily—4 days
5 days—cough disappeared 9
6� F School 2 weeks—typical 500 mg. daily—4 days
250 mg. daily—5 days
4 days—cough reduced
7 days—coughed once in 24 hours
9 days—cough disappeared
4� F Sister (Case 9) 1 week—typical 500 mg. daily—4 days
250 mg. daily—5 days
Same as for Case 9The dosages used have been empirical with a tendency to use larger doses early in the disease as our experience of its effects progressed. The acid is available at reasonable prices, and the danger of overdosage seems negligible. Animals have received 2,000 times their estimated requirements without any deleterious effects. Any excess is excreted by the kidneys.
- A method has been described for the treatment of whooping cough by ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
- Ascorbic acid definitely shortens the paroxysmal stage of the disease, particularly if relatively large doses are used early in the disease.The ascorbic acid used by us was the Hoffmann-LaRoche product sold under the trade name of “Redoxon”. Grootton and Beszonoff 4 have shown that the product is identical chemically, physically and biologically with the original product prepared by Szent-Gy�rgi.
- , T.: Vaccination against whooping cough, J. Am. M. Ass., 1933, 101: 137.
- , F.: Internat. Med. Digest, 1936, 29: 121.
- , H. H.: Whooping cough. Clin. J., 1936, 65: 246.
- , O. and Beszonoff, N.: Action de la vitamine C sur la toxine diphth�rique, et sensibilit� du bacille de la coqueluche vis-a-vis de l’hydroquinol et de le vitamine C. Ann. de l’Inst Pasteur, 1936, 56: 413.
- , P. and Sala, T.: Rev. fran�. De P�d., 1921. 4: 509. (Quoted by Grootton and Beszonoff).
- , J. and Niederberger, W.: Vitamin C In der Pneumonie-Behandlung., M�nch. med. Wochschr.. 1936, 83: 2074.
- , A.: Beobachtungen �ber Ascorbins�urewirkung bei der krupp�sen Pneumonie, Wien. Arch. f. inn. Med., (in press). (Quoted by Gander and Niederberger).
- , G. J. and Daniels, A. L: Vitamin C studies with children of pre-school age, J. Nutrit., 1936. 12: 15.
- , O. A. and King, C. G.: The distribution of vitamin C in plant and animal tissues and its determination, J. Biol. Chem., 1933. 103: 687.
- , M. Almaden, P. and King, C.G.: Vitamin content of human tissues, J. Biol. Chem., 1934, 106: 525.
From The Canadian Medical Association Journal, Volume 37, August 1937, Number 2, pp. 134-136″
*** with thanks to Baba Ram Das and Bill Greenberg, MD (Harvard)
Saturday, November 09, 2013
Should the Elderly Get the FLU jab?
Use the search window in the right column to find our numerous posts on vaccines, flu, vitamin D, vitamin C, and more Natural Health News to keep you healthy and well...
From Dr Eisenstein
2. Make sure your whole family has adequate blood levels of Vitamin D this flu season (>50 to 80ng/ml). Most children and adults Vitamin D blood level is <30ng font="" ml.="">30ng>