AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Monday, June 23, 2008

Cheers for Vitamin B 12

I read hundreds of scientific and medical articles each week. It is kind of the routine I have when I start off work days. Sometimes the information is valuable, sometimes not.

This item caught my eye this morning. I am a proponent of B vitamins, and especially B12 for various health reasons. And I am a hold out for B12 shots even though in today's cookie cutter approach to health care it is almost taboo to even ask for B12 shots from your health care provider.

People need this vitamin. The shots aren't painful and you only have to get them weekly, bi-monthly or monthly unless you have some extreme health condition.

I think that now B12 is needed even more because of the overload of EMF and fluoride in the environment, but this is a futuristic idea that most can't entertain.

The rub now with B12 is that your health care provider won't give it too you unless you have a lab test. Somehow diagnosing by symptoms is not a standard these days.

The lab test is a Serum B12, and it is the wrong one. Who cares how much B12 is swimming around in your blood. I want to know how much is in your cells.

This means that you must get an intracellular B12 level.

And if you are taking Rx, especially GERD drugs or Avandia, it should be an automatic added prescription.

B12 shots do help women lower high blood pressure and B12, along with some Folic acid, seems to be a help for fat loss.

I use the tablets and take 3000 mcg. daily. This amount is an old medical standard, especially as we age, have serious health concerns, or might be pregnant or nursing.

Surely your health care provider could be enlightened through older medical texts and journal articles, and do better care by skipping the drug company propaganda.

New Technology May Prevent Vitamin B12 Deficient Seniors And Vegetarians From Needing Injections

ScienceDaily (2008-06-22) -- For those patients who receive the nearly 40 million intramuscular injections per year to treat their B12 deficiency, a new oral option may soon exist. According to the National Institutes of Health, vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to a wide spectrum of conditions, such as anemia, dementia and reduced cognitive functioning. ... > read full article

1 comment:

Riina said...

Hello fro Riina!!

I have read your blog with a great interest! This subject about vit. B12 is very interesting. I have been already almost for 1 year vegetarian and I havent taken any B12 suplements, and I even dont know if I lack it. But is it for sure that you can get B12 only from meat?
you can check out my blog http://www.riinastepanov.blogspot.com/
wish you nice day! ang continue with your nice blog ;)