By Maureen Denard
It’s not often that we stop to analyze why, but a woman’s health is watched more carefully than that of a man, probably because she undergoes many more physical and psychological changes over the course of her life – puberty, pregnancy, motherhood, menopause – they all change a woman’s physical and mental makeup significantly, and because of this, if she doesn’t take care of her health, she’s bound to lose it along the way at some point or the other. There are many easy ways for women to stay naturally healthy, and a few of them are outlined below:
· A healthy diet: As with any health-related list, this one too starts by emphasizing the importance of a good diet, one that includes more of fruits, vegetables, wholegrain foods, legumes like lentils, beans and peas, and less of fat, complex carbohydrates and sugar. You are what you assimilate from what you eat, remember this at every stage of your life and you avoid unseemly weight gain and unexpected disease.
· Regular exercise: A healthy diet is augmented and enhanced by an active lifestyle, one which includes regular exercise. Half an hour a day for five days a week is enough, the key is to be as regular as you can.
· Breastfeeding: A woman’s greatest blessing is that she can carry life inside of her on the journey to motherhood. And with breastfeeding being not just a way to bond with your child but also a surefire way to keep cancer, depression and a host of other diseases at bay, you can bet God sure was in a good mood when he created a woman.
· Independence: Most of a woman’s sorrows and pains in life come about because she is dependent on the men in her life – be it a father or a husband or a son or a significant other, dependency only creates shackles that chafe and burn, until you’re so bruised that it seems the scars will never fade away. The key to independence is the solid foundation of education upon which you can build a profession which gives you both emotional and professional satisfaction. With financial independence, you’re also free to choose your own path should that of a spouse go a different way, one which you’re not prepared to travel for any reason.
· Grooming: You feel inside the way you think you look outside, so go all out to look as beautiful as you think you can be. It’s not the cosmetics that are important, but the way you identify and augment your strengths and play down your weaknesses. Keep yourself well groomed, no matter how old you are, and you tend to remain young at heart for life.
· A zest for life: Too much optimism could make you reckless, too much pessimism could make you a coward, but the right amount of both makes you a realist who knows that life only happens once. So make the most of happy moments and brush away the sad ones instead of letting them get you down, and you’ll find that both your emotional and physical wellbeing improve.
· Me time: A woman plays multiple roles over the course of her life, sometimes taking on more than one simultaneously. But besides a daughter, a mother, a wife, a friend, or a girlfriend, find time to be yourself. When you know you have your corner to retreat to and recoup your strength in when life throws too many punches at you, you don’t worry too much about the next round that you have to fight. You know you’ll get out there and give it all you’ve got.
This guest post is contributed by Maureen Denard, who writes on the subject of Online MSN Degree . Maureen can be reached at: email@example.com.