AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tea, you see

I am really glad to see the following information from a popular exercise newsletter.

When I first saw these ads on the net I knew it sounded fishy, so I too did a little more digging.

Low and behold, yes, just good old fashioned Oolong tea.

I recall those coffee house days of my teens when I sipped well brewed high quality Oolong tea from time to time. I have to admit I enjoy it, but I limit my intake because I know the dark side of green tea.

One is fluoride and another is a tendency to cause pancreatic cancer.

Remember that the traditional place for green tea is in climates with high heat and humidity. It is the cooling benefit of this tea that people seek. Cooling your body slows your metabolism.

So when you want some of our choice, high quality, organic Oolong tea, order up some from us or take the ferry to Vancouver Island and shop the tea house in Victoria.
I'm sure you've seen tons of really clever ads all over the internet for all of these "Wu-tea" products claiming to be the miracle cure to fat loss.

I must admit, there's some savvy marketing behind these sites... they even claim
things like "as seen on oprah" and try to claim all sorts of celebrity endorsements.

Here's the deal...Most of these new tea products on the internet claiming to be a miracle cure for fat loss are nothing but plain old oolong tea. Some brands may have other teas mixed in too, but most I've seen are just oolong tea.

The "Wu" in their names is just their clever way of making you think this is some
new secret tea discovery.

Basically they just sell you oolong tea for outrageous prices, when you can go to
your local grocery store or health food store and get a whole box of oolong tea
for about $2 bucks.

But beyond the outrageously marked up price, does oolong tea actually help with fat
loss?

Well, the answer is... slightly.

Sometimes a mixture of green tea, white tea, oolong tea, and black tea in your daily
schedule to possibly help a slight bit with fat loss.

The fact of it is that drinking tea is not going to miraculously transform your body
or "melt off bodyfat". It CAN have a slight thermogenic effect and possibly help you burn a few extra calories. Plus, there are tons of other benefits too, many of which are due to the high antioxidant content of teas.

However, let's get real... whether you drink tea or not isn't one of those major
factors in how fast you're going to burn off body fat... it's just a very minor
detail. The real factors are your lifestyle as a whole, your type of exercise
program and intensity, the quality of your diet, and your mindset... all of which we
focus on regularly.

So what I'd recommend is...Don't waste your money on the overpriced, over-hyped
Wu-teas that claim to be a miracle fat loss cure. I do recommend including white,
green, black, and oolong teas in your diet for their numerous health benefits.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! I called a tea shop I found online called Tea Laden and they told me all about the Wu-Long tea diet. I have found some very good loose Oolong Teas from them and I especially recommend the Milk Oolong because of the great flavor.

Anonymous said...

I used to drink green tea regularly. It boosted my energy levels and made me feel more able to do mental work. The only thing that I had to make sure is that I would drink it before 3pm otherwise it would affect my night sleep.

That's great information.

Matt